People stare here...I was always taught that it was rude to stare at others...but not here, so remind me to never tell my children that because then they will suspect every one around them of being rude. The staring is harmless but because of the social norms that have been ingrained into me by my birth culture some days I get really frustrated with the staring.
I have decided to make a game out of it...from now on when someone stares little will they know that I will now stare back...and I will maintain eye contact until I win this so called staring contest smack down!
I found these simply steps on WikiHow to ensure my staring contest sucess:
I have decided to make a game out of it...from now on when someone stares little will they know that I will now stare back...and I will maintain eye contact until I win this so called staring contest smack down!
I found these simply steps on WikiHow to ensure my staring contest sucess:
- Take a nice long blink and close your eyes tightly right before the contest begins. This will produce tears that your eyes will need to keep moist
- Think of something really sad while staring at your opponent. This will help stop you from laughing or smirking which is not permitted.
- Remember to relax. Too much stress will cause you to strain your eye muscles and could lead to eye strain.
- Open your eyes really wide during the contest and, when you think you are about to blink, open them even wider. This goes against your natural instincts, but will actually make your eyes water, thus keeping them moist.
- Time yourself in the mirror and see how long you can hold it for. Remember, practice makes perfect!
- When you are about to blink, squint and furrow your brow. Again, this will produce tears and help to keep you staring for longer.
- Study the techniques of staredown athletes like Tony Patterson.
No comments:
Post a Comment