Sunday, January 17, 2010

it takes a village...

One of our friends is on the search for a wife...actually his parents are the ones searching and arranging and he just gives input to his likes and dislikes. When he visited us two nights ago he described what kind of wife he was looking for...Z likes to be very helpful to his single friends and so proceeded with his opinions. Z told him he should marry a woman from a village because they work harder than city women...he then backed up his opinion by saying 'my wife is from a village, see village women are better.' I did not know whether Z was complimenting me or patronizing me ~ village people are not spoken highly of here ~ so I started my rebuttal...'I am from a small city in America where there is a lot of open land, even though livestock outnumber people it is a city...' I then stopped describing my small city in the mountains because I realized that many of our friends here would consider it a village. So now when people ask me where I am from I am simply going to tell them I come from a village in America no need living in denial any longer.

No comments: