Saturday, June 5, 2010

Weirdo magnet...

That is what Z calls me b/c I encounter a lot of weirdos...Fortunately I also have an ingrain defense to the weirdo magnet which is the weirdo radar. When weirdos come up to me, which they always do, my weirdo radar goes off and I can evade the situation before it gets weirder. Curry land is full of the I want pretty women to notice me weirdos. They are not harmful, they are just socially weird but there is a very large population of them. Here is an account of a weirdo encounter that I had this week: I was shopping for new clothes for Z. He was in the dressing room and I was looking though the shelf of size 44 shirts...it is not a big shelf because most men are not Z's size...we both kind of stand out as giants. Anyways a young punk came and stood right next to me while I was looking through the shirts...it was very unnerving and my weirdo magnet instantly went off so I scurried away, while I was leaving the guy said "I was just waiting for you to finish looking on the shelf." (one tip about weirdos: they like to generate conversation, they are lonely) I wanted to snap back rudely at him and say "Your size is a 4o and its over there shrimpy!" But instead I rejoined my giant husband and then he was the one to scurry off. Large intimidating husband is my second defense...thank you Z!

No comments: