Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Help

I really want to see that movie...the book was Awesome! But anyways this post is really about my Help-less situation.
A month ago Rosy did not show up for four days, she claimed she was sick but she did not call to notify me that she was sick and not coming to work. So I did what any employer in the U.S. would do and I cut her pay for the days she did not work. Which is not common practise here in Curry Land but Z and I find that it works for us. This month she did not show for five days. I called her to ask when she was coming back to work and she told me she would not be back until I raised her pay. So what I can gather is that the five days off was sort of a strike, except we don't have an official work contract nor are there any unions around these parts. So I informed her that she would not be getting a raise and this months pay would be cut because she did not come to work. Two days ago she came by the house to negotiate 'the strike'...I was then able to explain how ordinarily we give raises based on job preformance, coming to work everyday, and tenure. At this time a raise was not warranted so Rosy has decided to no longer work for us.
I keep replaying the ridiculousness of the situation in my head. What if I did not go to work until my boss gave me a raise...FYI for all those who have bosses don't do that, it doesn't work - and that my firends is my speech about employment.

No comments: